Your Vote Counts!

Tom Harden

Candidate for WV House of Delegates 58th District

No Empty Promises

Coronavirus 2020


I would like to talk about the World Wide Coronavirus Pandemic. I trust in the need for social distancing to stop the spread of this virus. It is estimated that 85% of all those tested will be negative, however, of the remaining 15% that are estimated to be positive; 2-5% estimated will die.  Most of the people who die are elderly or immune compromised, I know too many people in these situations that I’m not prepared to lose them to a virus. This is why I will not be attending social events at this time.

I am asking each one of you to reach out to your neighbors and check on them. It’s not about who has the most toilet paper it’s about each and everyone of us surviving this pandemic. People may be quarantined and run out of medicine or food, I challenge each and everyone to help your family, friends, and neighbors. I know I will.

Tom Harden, Candidate for WV House of Delegates- 58th District.

Tom Harden's Platform

  I, Tom Harden, believe in the Constitution of the United States of America. I will work hard for the people of West Virginia - District 58. I will al​ways support freedom of speech, the Right to Bear Arms, all state employees, the military, law enforcement, and Civil Rights for All.
  I support the Economy and want to continue and improve with tourism in our state. WV is beautiful. I believe WV needs to increase state wages, healthcare, and pensions. We need to assist our farmers to keep farms operational by offering incentives for conservation practices and sustainable farming methods.
I support funding for public libraries, the availability of accessible technology for all WV residents, and volunteer literacy programs. WV people are my number one concern. I will strive to improve opportunities to live, work, and raise families in WV. Keeping families together.
I support a raise in minimum wage so everyone can have a better quality of life. No working West Virginian should live in poverty when working full-time (40) hours.
I believe it should be a priority to provide veterans with concurrent receipt of both disability and retirement benefits. I recognize the need to reform Survivors Benefits for veteran’s families. I believe the veterans returning from war torn countries must be financially, emotionally, and physically supported. I support education and job training for veterans.
I support alternatives to incarceration for non-violent offenders. I believe the revenue saved by these alternatives would be sufficient to improve the states financial needs for wages and/or insurance plans for state employees. Let’s use this revenue to retain good teachers so the children get a better education. Our children are our future.
I support law enforcement and thank them for taking the risk to protect WV citizen’s safety everyday.
I believe in and fully support honest, open, and fair government of, for, and by the people. Ethical conduct is mandatory as well as transparency in all that we do. Ensure adequate access to voting for all West Virginians. We need to remember all votes matter.
I am dedicated to working toward a cleaner and healthier environment that promotes energy independence. I recognize climate change is real, is caused by human activity, and is causing devastating problems for the world.
I support the concept of healthcare for all and believe government should not interfere with a person’s right to make medical decisions. I believe any healthcare plan offered must cover pre-existing conditions and promote preventative care. I believe all WV residents should have full access to appropriate healthcare.

I support laws and policies that recognizes, respects, and celebrates the cultural and social differences among our citizens of West Virginia.

My first interview was March 9, 2020.  This is a link to the article and video.  

https://morgancountyusa.org/?fbclid=IwAR2w3lkzoSBql8iZa3hYVepN8s0ecm6JlIb4g4UuNpHuGuARTjjxPg9ihNg

TOM 2020

Just a simple hardworking West Virginian trying to make a difference.  Many ideas and a desire to serve my community.

Enjoying West Virginia

Tom and Angel enjoying Christmas lights and activities at Oglebay Park in Wheeling, WV.

Events


Sat

March 7

Hampshire County Democrats Meet and Greet

South Branch Inn, Romney, WV

Thursday

Feb 20

Morgan County Democrat Meeting

Morgan County Courthouse, Berkeley Springs, WV

Thursday

April 19

Morgan County Democrat Meeting

Morgan County Courthouse, Berkeley Springs, WV













Hear the people roar?

We are hearing much positive feedback from the community for Tom's political aspirations. 

Tom says " I can't promise anything but I'll work my hardest to make things better for our district."

No Empty Promises

Donations are accepted and appreciated

Send checks to:   Friends for Tom Harden, 102 Radio Station Lane, Berkeley Springs, WV 25411